Saturday, August 29, 2009

How did this happen?


It's just the baby and I at home for a couple of hours, and I've been watching SpongeBob Square Pants.

Somebody shoot me.

Not that I don't find SpongeBob funny, because I do - but with a pre-schooler in the house, I don't get much chance to watch what I want.

How did this little yellow sponge become so appealing? He's more than a little annoying, has excruciating emotional outbursts, but is also unfailingly optimistic. Much like a certain four year old I know...no wonder it's her favorite show.

So I'm going to relish watching SpongeBob for awhile, because I know my kids won't be little forever. With all the crime shows and bad news, some innocence and optimism feels good.

Here's a hilarious clip, SpongeBob singing We Will Rock You - enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkrMnu9k4-A

2 comments:

  1. lol, i love spongebob.. and i don't even have kids yet to use as an excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing 'research' Val :)

    ReplyDelete